- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup dark spiced rum (I used Capt Morgan)
- 4 bananas, roasted and mashed
- Grease and flour one loaf pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In one bowl, combine the butter and sugar, add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Add the rum and stir together.
- In a seperate bowl, mix all dry ingredients together, then add to wet ingredients bowl. Mix well.
- Add bananas to the resulting batter, mix well. I personally really like having chunks of banana bake through my bread.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45mns, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
As a final touch I usually add a vanilla glaze and some roasted pecans to the top, although this bread really doesnt need. Mmm mm moist!