- 2 tart green apples
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp crushed nuts (I used pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Scoop out the core from top of the apple, leaving a well. Do not cut all the way through. Stuff each apple with 1 tablespoons brown sugar and 1/2 tablespoon butter. Place in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon. Top with the nuts.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, until sugar begins to caramelize and apples are tender.
Note: This is such a basic recipe that you can add whatever you want to the centre of the apples like: raisins, orange zest, and in my case, dried cranberries