Monday, November 28, 2011

Advent part 1

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel. (Isaiah 7:14)


And again, Isaiah says, “The Root of Jesse will spring up, one who will arise to rule over the nations; the Gentiles will hope in him." May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit (Rom. 15:12-13).


I want and yearn for Him more and more as the time goes by. I understand Him and yet don`t, for who could? He is beauty, He is love, and most of all, He is hope. Hope for someone as black with sin as me to be loved unconditionally, accepted without limits, and cared for beyong any mortal understanding. And if I can be saved, then who can`t? There is hope for me despite my mortal failings, there will always be hope for every soul on this earth, we are His children, and it takes my breath away, to know I will always be wanted no matter what I did. No matter who I am, He will always be waiting for me to open my heart to His magnificence and benevolence, His unfailing love. 

He will be born, to save us, to save me, from ourselves. Rejoice! Rejoice!



No comments:

Post a Comment