Thursday, August 2, 2012

Birthday

Here is how I truly view birthdays, and this from a very early age. I believe that birthdays are celebrated completely backwards in our culture. Instead of having people give me gifts because I was born (something I had absolutely nothing to do with, really), this is my chance to let the people that make my life a living joy

(the mother who birthed me in pain and sweat and blood, the father who fathered me and taught me that a real man loves his children with all his might, the people who raised me and taught me everything I know, the friends that gave me memories of joy and laughter, my dear husband that I love so much, and everybody that ever touched my life in the least way) 

that I love them all and that I am so grateful for everything that they have done for me and with me, and that I know, truly TRULY know, in the bottom of my heart, that I owe them everything and that I will never be able to repay them for my life. The only thing I can do, is try my best to be someone that deserves their love and attention. And feed them good food. :)


Merci, Thank You, Efxaristo, Nia:wen

No comments:

Post a Comment