Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday GJE

I wanted to regularly post entries in my grattitude journal on my blog, and I figured what better day to do it than on Sunday?


January 8th, 2012

  1. The light that glints off my needle as I sew my husband's shirt. It reminds me that I am here, that I am capable and that I enjoy mundane tasks. It feels good to know my husband will be wearing a shirt that I patched up for him, like in the older times where people did that all the time because they had to, not because they wanted to. Connections and thoughts through a needle and thread.
  2.  
  3. The reflection of my grumpy self in the morning mirror. I am alive and well, and I live in a world where I can afford something as silly and frivolous as to be grumpy in the morning.
  4.  
  5. The mess that my stirring spoon makes on the stove when I make stew. Lovely, bubbling, fragrant, nourishing, delicious, hearty stew. With buns of course.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment